Human Services Center
HSC Visitor's Guide
- The following are guidelines established to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment for individuals receiving treatment at the Human Services Center and their visitors. Please follow these guidelines when visiting. Thank you for your consideration.
Visiting hours may vary by treatment units and are posted at the front entrance of the hospital. If these designated hours do not work for you, please make other arrangements with the individual’s treatment team prior to your visit.
- Individuals under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit without a parent or guardian.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Wear visitor badge at all times during visit.
- Upon leaving, return pass to the operator at the communication’s desk at the front entrance to the hospital.
- Immediately report loss of visitation badge to staff.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in the following items:
- Cameras and/or audiovisual equipment.
- Weapons of any kind or anything that could be used as a weapon.
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal substances.
- Certain treatment units may have other restrictions. For safety reasons, please check with the unit staff before bringing any items to the unit.
- All items brought into HSC must go through Patient Services before going to the unit. New clothing can be tried on then returned to Patient Services for marking.
- In order to maximize the treatment environment and for safety reasons, please do not give any item to an individual without staff approval.
Due to limited space and infection control issues, food that is brought in needs to be in the original package or a sealed plastic container that can be stored in a locked area. No more than one six-pack of pop/juice should be brought in at a time.
Prepared food (fast food, pizza, etc.) can be brought in if approved by the treatment unit.
HSC is a tobacco-free facility. This includes all grounds and buildings.
A visit may be terminated at any time, if it is determined to be in the best interest of the patient.