Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapist Examiners
Forty hours of approved continuing education is required biennially per licensee at the end of each odd-numbered year. Learn more. The Licensee must provide evidence with a Certificate of at least four of those hours on the subject of Ethics as it relates to counseling.
ARSD20:68:07:09. Approval of sponsors. The board will accept continuing education credits for programs accredited, approved, or presented by the following national organizations:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC);
- American Psychological Association (APA);
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT);
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW);
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC);
- American Medical Association Physician's Recognition Award Category 1 Credit (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit); and
- Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHCO).
The Board also reviews and approves continuing education programs as below: