NOTE: As of May 2011, all child care providers will receive their Child Care Assistance payments electronically.
What is the ReliaCard?
The ReliaCard is an electronic access card (EAC)/electronic payment card (EPC) issued by U.S. Bank. It is a prepaid debit card that payments will be deposited to each time they are disbursed by the State. It is not a credit card, but works similarly to other debit cards – you can only use the funds that have been deposited to the card.
How does the ReliaCard work?
Once funds are added to the card account, it can be used to make purchases pay bills, and online, phone and mail-order purchases. You can also get cash back with purchases at participating merchants or withdroaw cash at ATMs (3), banks or credit unions. The amounts of purchases, bill payments or cash withdrawals are automatically deducted from the available balance on the card.
How does the State deposit money onto the card?
The State electronically deposits funds via ACH to the card just like they would do for traditional direct deposit into a checking or savings account. This allows funds to be sent safely and dependably.
How do I qualify for the card?
No approval is required (1). You will automatically receive the ReliaCard if you do not choose to have your funds directly deposited into a checking or savings account.
What are the advantages of having a ReliaCard?
• Fast – Your money is automatically deposited to your card account
• Save Time – Easy and quick access to your funds without waiting in line to cash or deposit a check
• Convenient – Make purchases anywhere debit cards are accepted, including retail stores, grocery stores, restaurants and pharmacies and withdraw cash at ATMs (3)
• Secure – No need to carry large amounts of cash
• Save Money – No more goin to the check casher
• Track Spending – Account information and customer service 24 hours a day
• Purchasing Power – Enjoy the prestige and purchase protection given to Visa®-branded cardholders, without a credit check (1)
• Reliable – Receive your money on time. No more lost or stolen checks
• Safe – Funds are FDIC insured and are protected by Visa Zero Liability (2)
How do I check my balance?
1. Online – View account online at www.usbankreliacard.com
2. Text/Email – Sign up to receive free email or text alerts when funds have been deposited to your account or when your balance gets low (4)
3. Mobile Banking App – Search for “U.S. Bank ReliaCard” in the App Store or Google Play (5)
4. Phone –Call ReliaCard Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147
5. ATM – Perform a balance inquiry at an ATM (3)
When the card is sent in the mail, what does the envelope look like?
For security reasons, the card comes in a plain, white, windowed envelope.
What do I do after I receive the card?
You must call Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147 or visit www.usbankreliacard.com to activate the card and choose your Personal Identification Number (PIN). You cannot use the card until it has been activated. Be sure to sign your name on the back of your card in ink. Your card is not valid unless it’s signed. Note: ReliaCard Cardholder Services accepts relay calls.
What information or instructions come with the card?
The card comes with:
• Instructions on how to activate the card and the fee schedule
• The cardholder agreement, which discloses terms and conditions
• A usage guide detailing where and how the card can be used
• The U.S. Bank Privacy Pledge
Do I receive a new card every time a payment is made?
No. Future payments will be deposited automatically onto the initial card. If the card is lost or stolen, call Cardmember Services at 866.276.5114 to report it immediately and they will send a new one. The remaining balance from the old card is transferred to the new card. Future payments will be deposited to the new card.
Do I have to have an existing relationship with U.S. Bank or any other bank?
No. You do not need to have any existing relationship with any bank.
How do I make a purchase with my card?
The card works much like other prepaid or debit cards. You can use it online, over the phone, at grocery stores, retail stores, restaurants, medical offices, etc. It is important to know your account balance before making purchases.
When making a purchase, on the authorization machine, which selection (credit or debit) do I choose?
Select “Credit” or “Debit” to make a purchase. Select “Debit” to get ‘cash back’ with your purchase. (You will have to enter your PIN.)
How can I get cash with my card?
1. Cash Back With Purchases–at participating merchants such as grocery or convenience stores
2. ATM Withdrawal (3)–at any ATM
3. Teller Withdrawal (3)–at any bank or credit union
How do I withdraw cash at an ATM?
1. Insert or swipe your card and enter your 4-digit PIN
2. Select “Withdrawal from Checking”
3. Enter the amount to be withdrawn
How do I get cash at a bank or credit union teller?
You must know your available balance (the teller will not have access to this information) and ask for a cash withdrawal in the amount you wish to withdraw. Note: you may need to provide your driver’s license to verify your identity.
How do I get cash back with a purchase?
1. When the authorization machine asks for credit or debit, select ‘debit’
2. Enter your 4-digit PIN
3. Select ‘Yes’ for cash back
4. Enter the amount, press ‘OK’
Do I have to go to a U.S. Bank ATM or U.S. Bank branch to get cash?
No. You can get cash back with purchases made at merchants throughout the United States such as grocery and convenience stores. Cash can also be obtained from any ATM or over the counter at any Visa bank or credit union. To find the ATM nearest you, visit www.usbank.com/locate or www.moneypass.com.
Do I need to know my PIN to use the card?
Yes & No. The card can be used to make signature-based purchases without a PIN. However, a PIN must be used for PIN-based purchases and for cash withdrawals at ATMs. You must choose your own PIN by calling Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147 or visiting www.usbankreliacard.com after you receive your card. For security reasons it is important that you pick a PIN that only you would know, and not share the PIN or the card with anyone.
What should I do if I forget my PIN?
You must contact Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147 or visit www.usbankreliacard.com to reset your PIN.
Can I still get cash if I forget my PIN?
Yes. You can go to any Visa bank or credit union and ask the teller for a cash withdrawal.
How can I be notified when funds are deposited to my card?
You have the option of signing up for optional text or email alerts when money is added or when your card balance gets low at www.usbankreliacard.com. You can also use our two-way text alert feature by texting a short code to receive the following updates:
|Balance Alert||Text BAL to 90831|
|Recent Transactions||Text TRANS to 90831|
|Customer Service Number||Text HELP to 90831|
Can I pay bills with my card?
Yes. You can visit your billers’ websites and provide your 16-digit card number and expiration date or log on to www.usbankreliacard.com.
Can I manage my account with my smart phone?
Yes. You can use the ReliaCard Mobile Banking app to check your account balance, enroll in and manage text alerts, view your most recent transactions or search for the nearest in-network ATM location. Search for “U.S. Bank ReliaCard” in the App Store or Google Play.
Can I add funds to my card in addition to what the State puts on it?
No, only the State can deposit funds to the card.
Can I request a second card for another individual such as a family member?
No, only the recipient to whom the State is issuing payments will receive a card.
Can the card be used by someone other than the person whose name is on it?
For security reasons, you should never share their PIN or allow anyone else to use your card.
Can I make a purchase for more than the amount on my card?
If you need to make a purchase for more than the amount you have on your card, you will need to use two forms of payment. Tell the cashier how much you want taken from the balance on your card – the cashier cannot determine your available balance. Then, pay the remaining balance with cash, check, credit card or check card.
Can the ReliaCard be overdrawn?
Usually a purchase that exceeds the available balance will not be approved. In very limited circumstances, if you do not have sufficient funds when the final amount clears, it may result in a negative balance; however you will not be charged an overdraft fee. You can check your balance online, using the ReliaCard Mobile App or by calling Cardholder Services 24/7.
Can I use the ReliaCard at the gas pump?
No. When purchasing gasoline at a gas station, you will not be able to pay with your card using the pay-at-the-pump option. You can still purchase gas at stations that allow you to pay inside with a cashier. Payments made this way will post to your card account automatically.
Can anyone else view or track my transactions?
No. For privacy reasons, U.S. Bank does not share card account numbers or transaction details. However, for reconciliation purposes, the State does have access to the amount and date of each deposit.
Are there transaction limitations associated with the ReliaCard?
Yes. There are daily limitations on dollar amounts and the frequency of transfers including the following:
|Transaction Limits||Total Count||Total Amount|
|Purchases (includes cash back)||20 per day||$4,000 per day|
|Teller Cash Withdrawal||2 per day||$1,025 per day|
|ATM Withdrawal||10 per day||$1,025 per day|
|Signature-based POS returns||4 per day||N/A|
|Bill Pay Transactions||10 per day||$2,000 per day|
|10 per week||$3,000 per week|
|20 per month||$5,000 per month|
Will I earn interest on the funds in my ReliaCard account?
No. The account does not earn interest.
How do I obtain information about fees for my ReliaCard?
Fees are located on the Fee Schedule sent to you with your card. You may view your fee schedule online at www.usbankreliacard.com. You may also call Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147 to request fee information.
Can I view my account online?
Yes, at www.usbankreliacard.com. The following functions can be performed online:
How do I view my monthly statement?
Monthly statements can be viewed online 24/7 at www.usbankreliacard.com. Paper statements may also be available (3). You can make a request to start or stop paper statements anytime.
What should I do if I change addresses?
Contact the Department of Social Services Child Care Services to report an address change.
What happens if I no longer receive payments from the State, or have decided to switch to having my payments directly deposited into a checking or savings account?
You can continue to use your card until any remaining balance has been used. The State will notify U.S. Bank if future deposits to the card are being discontinued.
Who do I contact if I have questions about my card?
For questions about your deposit, such as when you will receive the next deposit to the card, or the amount of a deposit to the card, contact the State. For all other questions about the card, you may log into your account at www.usbankreliacard.com or contact Cardholder Services 24 hours a day toll-free at 855.203.4147
What happens if my card gets lost or stolen?
You must immediately call Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147 to report your card lost/stolen and have a replacement card sent to you within 5-7 business days. You may not be responsible for any fraudulent activity that occurs on your card provided that you report the card missing in a timely manner, and have not shared your card or PIN number with anyone (2).
Can I contact a retail U.S. Bank location or my local bank for customer service on my ReliaCard account?
No. You must direct all ReliaCard questions to Cardholder Services at 855.203.4147, or utilize the web site, www.usbankreliacard.com, for inquiries.
What services does the ReliaCard 24-hour Cardmember Services provide?
The following can be done through customer service:
Note: ReliaCard Cardholder Services accepts relay calls.
(1) Successful identity verification required. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. If necessary, we may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
(2) The Visa Zero Liability Policy protects you against unauthorized purchases. U.S.-issued cards only. This does not apply to ATM transactions or to PIN transactions not processed by Visa. You must immediately report any unauthorized use.
(3) Some fees may apply. See card packet for full list of fees.
(4) Standard messaging charges apply apply through your mobile carrier and message frequency depends on account settings.
(5) The U.S. Bank ReliaCard Mobile App is free to download. Your mobile carrier may charge access fees depending upon your individual plan. Web access is needed to use Mobile App. Check with your carrier for specific fees and charges.
The ReliaCard is issued by U.S. Bank National Association pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc. Member FDIC © 2014 U.S. Bank.