Level II: Advanced Informal Education
A person at this level would be operating a state registered family child care program or working in a licensed child care, preschool, Head Start or school-age program.
Education and Training
- High school diploma or GED,
- Professional training (within the last year) that includes:
- Current certificate in infant and child CPR (see glossary for definition)
- First Aid training,
- Twenty hours of training selected from four or more of the Professional Training Areas.
- Work directly with two or more unrelated children in a state registered or licensed
child care, preschool, Head Start or school-age program.
- Participation requirements:
a) Membership in a recognized professional organization.
b) Attend at least six hours of training offered at a regional, state or national
professional development conference.
- Demonstration of professional leadership is encouraged.
Renewal Requirements (every three years)
- Maintain infant and child CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Complete a minimum of 20 additional training hours annually covering four or more of the Professional Training Areas.
- Work directly with children in a state-registered or licensed child care, preschool, Head Start or out-of school time program.
- Maintain membership in a recognized professional organization or attend at least six hours of training offered at a professional conference.