Child Care Assistance Program
Direct Deposit for Child Care Service Payments
NOTE: As of May 2011, all child care providers will receive their Child Care Assistance payments electronically.
Who may request direct deposit?
Direct deposit is available to all providers who are currently serving children on the Child Care Assistance program.
What is Direct Deposit?
Direct Deposit is the electronic deposit of your child care payment into your checking or savings account, which replaces a paper check.
What are the benefits of Direct Deposit?
- You do not have to worry about identity theft, or your checks being lost or stolen.
- Direct Deposit eliminates delays due to address changes, weather or routing errors.
- You don't have to make special arrangements to get to your financial institution or wait in line to deposit or cash your check.
- Electronic delivery eliminates check-cashing hassles and fees.
- You can withdraw cash benefits or payments by writing checks against your checking account, withdrawing money from your savings account, or withdrawing cash at your ATM. TO AVOID POSSIBLE OVER-DRAFT CHARGES, ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR BANK TO MAKE SURE PAYMENT HAS BEEN POSTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
When will my payments be deposited into my account?
Direct Deposit funds are deposited into your bank account the second day after payroll runs (generally Wednesday morning). If there is a banking holiday on Tuesday or Wednesday, the payment is deposited into the account on Thursday. Your bank will receive the direct deposit payment no later than you would have normally received your checks by mail.
How soon will I receive my Child Care payments through Direct Deposit?
Your next payment will be issued through direct deposit following our receipt and processing of your complete Payment Authorization Form.
How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?
- If you do not already have a bank account, you must open one to receive direct deposit. Most banks offer low-cost or no-cost checking accounts.
- Complete the Direct Deposit Payment Authorization Form, along with your account verification, and return it to our office.
- Remember to include your account verification. Acceptable account verification includes a voided check/copy of check or a letter from your financial institution including your routing and account numbers. Do not attach a deposit slip; the routing number is not always correct.
Print and complete the payment authorization form:
Mail the completed form to:
- South Dakota Department of Social Services
Division of Child Care Services
910 East Sioux Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501
If you have any questions regarding electronic payment options available, call the Division of Child Care Services at 1-800-227-3020.