Child Support


Petition for Modification of Child Support Obligation

This form is to be used by custodial and non-custodial parents who want to petition for modification of their South Dakota child support order at no cost to either party. In limited circumstances, another state’s child support order may be modified if registered in South Dakota. Please contact the Division of Child Support or your attorney for more information regarding modification of out-of-state child support orders.

While completing the form, carefully follow all instructions. Please make certain you complete all sections within the petition and financial statement. The petition must be signed before a notary public. Also, make certain you submit all the necessary attachments with the petition, which are explained in the form.

Mail your completed form to: