Child Support

The Division of Child Support helps parents establish a financial partnership to support their children when they do not live together.

Services through the Division of Child Support are available to any adult who has legal custody of a minor child. Services are also available to fathers who need help establishing paternity.

Those who receive public assistance (TANF, Medicaid, Title IV-E foster care) and are the custodian or guardian of a minor child whose parent(s) does not live in their home are automatically referred for child support services.

Child Support Specialists provide assistance in the following ways:

  • Locating noncustodial parents
  • Establishing paternity
  • Establishing or modifying child support and medical support orders
  • Enforcing support orders.
  • Collecting and processing support payments

DCS Customer Connect:

DCS Customer Connect is a secure, interactive website within the Division of Child Support providing recent payment information and the amount of child support owed.

Customers are able to update their address, telephone and employer information. The site includes recent case actions taken, license restriction information and other beneficial case information.

Customers receive their PIN number and access information regarding this secured website by mail. If you have not received a letter with your PIN number, please contact the Division of Child Support.  Due to confidentiality, PIN numbers are mailed.

If you have trouble accessing the site or have any concerns, please contact the Division of Child Support via e-mail (please include your name and case number) or by phone 605-773-3641.

South Dakota Commission on Child Support

The commission has conducted its required four-year review of the South Dakota’s child support guidelines.

View the 2012 Commission on Child Support Report