Child Support

Child Support Services

What if the noncustodial parent is self-employed or unemployed?

If a self-employed or unemployed obligor does not voluntarily make support payments and there is no payor of income, the Division of Child Support will seek other legal remedies and determine which is most appropriate.

Payments not made become arrearages and will be collected whenever possible.