Applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
Things to Bring
At the time of your interview, please bring the below verifications with you, if you or anyone in your household has the below income or expenses.
If you cannot get all the information together by your interview date, still come for the interview because you will have additional time to provide this information. If you need assistance in obtaining this information, please discuss with your benefits specialist at the time of the interview.
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, etc.), alien status.
- Social Security numbers for all household members.
- If employed, proof of income (wage stubs, earning statements, etc.) for the past 30 days.
- If self-employed, proof of income (income tax return, self-employment ledgers, etc.)
- Proof of all other income (Social Security, SSI, workmen’s compensation, unemployment benefits, BIA general assistance, child support, rental income, VA benefits, interest income for last year, etc.)
- Bank statements for checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit, credit union accounts, retirement accounts, stocks, bonds, dividends, etc.
- Proof of shelter costs (rent or mortgage payment, lot rent, household, real estate taxes, utility bills - heat, electricity, water/sewage/garbage, telephone, etc.)
- Proof of dependent care expenses (statement from provider, signed receipts, etc.)
- If anyone is age 60 or older, or permanently disabled, proof of medical expenses not paid by another source (health insurance, doctor bills, hospital bills, drug receipts, pharmacy statement, etc.)
- If paying child support payments, proof of obligation and payment (divorce decree/administrative order, cancelled checks, clerk of courts receipt, etc.)