Community Activities during May
May is Foster Parent Appreciation and Awareness Month in South Dakota and there are many events and activities being held throughout the state to honor current foster families during the month of May.
Please see the listing below or check your area's community calendar for more information.
You can also contact your local DSS Office to find out how you can get involved.
- What: Foster Parent Appreciation Picnic
- When: June 17 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Hillcrest Park Shelter A in Brookings
- Who: For all foster, kinship and adoptive families served by the Brookings CPS Office.
- Contact: Deb Riley at 605-688-4330 ext. 213 or Sara Moser at 605-688-4330 ext. 218.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, paper products and drinks will be provided by CPS staff.
- The foster, kinship and adoptive families are to bring chips & dips, dessert, salads and side dishes to share.
- What: Foster Care Picnic
- When: June 12 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Lily Park in Ft. Pierre
- Who: Foster families will be recognized for their years of service to children and families in South Dakota.
- Contact: Jae Csongradi 605-773-3612 ext. 213