Steps for requesting a fair hearing:
Department of Social Services
Office of Administrative Hearings
700 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501
- Phone Number: 605.773.6851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Once your request has reached the Office of Administrative Hearings, a hearing date will be set and both parties will receive a Notice of Hearing by mail. Carefully read the Notice of Hearing. If you agree with the time and date, go to step 3. If the time and date does not work for you, go to step 2A.
2A. To request a change of the date and time of your hearing, you need to contact the Office of Administrative Hearings at 605.773.6851 at least 10 days prior to the scheduled hearing. If you do not have access to a phone, write the Office of Administrative Hearings at the address listed above.
3. Carefully prepare your case and attend your hearing.
4. If you feel the final decision is legally correct, then you have completed the process. If not, go to step 4A.
4A. You may appeal the final hearing decision to the Circuit Court.