for Individuals with Chronic Renal Disease
The program is intended for individuals who are experiencing chronic renal failure and are unable to pay the total cost of lifesaving care and treatment of renal failure.
- The individual does not have a third party payer, (Medicare and Indian Health Services are not considered third party payers).
- The individual is a proper candidate for care and treatment as determined by the renal disease center or the individual’s physician.
- The household’s income must be less than 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
- The resource limit is $4,000 for a single individual and $6,000 for an individual with a spouse. Resources include items such as checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit.
- Must meet certain other non-financial criteria, such as state residency and citizenship.
Covered services are limited to those provided for long-term dialysis or transplants due to irreversible, chronic renal failure. The following services may be paid under this program:
- Dialysis treatments (Inpatient, outpatient or home).
- Hospitalization (Transplant operations).
- Supplies, equipment, and water softeners necessary for home dialysis.
- Prescription drugs necessary for dialysis or transplants.
- Travel expenses to and from renal treatment.
- Apply Now!
- After completing the application, return it to the local office where you live. If you need assistance completing this application or have any questions, contact your local DSS office.