Quadriplegics who would Require Nursing Home Care if not for Special
Services Performed in their Home
Individuals with quadriplegia living independently in their own homes may be eligible for Medical Assistance. Individuals who are eligible are entitled to full Medical Assistance coverage.
- A person must be age 18 or older and have quadriplegia.
- The income limit can be up to $2,022 month.
- The resource limit is $2,000. Resources include items such as checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit.
Individuals who are eligible are entitled to full Medical Assistance coverage. Covered services include:
- Doctor Appointments
- Hospital Stays
- Dental and Vision Services
- Prescription Drugs
Once a person is eligible, all income after allowable deductions must be applied to the monthly cost of care. Deductions may include:
- 657 personal allowance (2008)
- Private health insurance premiums
- Medicare Part B premium
- Spousal allowance
- Dependent Allowance
- Apply Now!
- After completing the application, return it to the local office where you live. If you need assistance completing this application or have any questions, contact your local DSS office.