Recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
and Related Programs
Disabled Widows or Widowers
Individuals terminated from Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to receipt of Title II Disabled Widow(er)s benefits may be eligible for Medical Assistance.
- The individual must have received SSI for the month prior to the month they began receiving the Title II Disabled Widow(er)s benefit.
- The individual is at least 50 years old but not yet 60 years old.
- The person is eligible for and receiving Title II Disabled Widow(er)s benefits.
- The person is not entitled to Medicare Part A (hospital insurance).
- The person is ineligible for SSI benefits only because of receipt of Disabled Widow(er)s benefits.
Individuals who are eligible are entitled to full Medical Assistance coverage. Covered services include doctor appointments, hospital stays, dental and vision services, prescription drugs, rehab/therapy, chiropractic, etc.
- An application can be found on the forms and publications page.
- After completing the application, return it to the Department of Social Services office where you live. If you need assistance completing this application, contact your local DSS office.