Applying for TANF
Personal Responsibility Agreement (PRA)
A Personal Responsibility Agreement (PRA) is a written and signed agreement between you and the TANF program. You agree that:
- TANF assistance is temporary.
- TANF is a work program.
- It is your responsibility to find and keep work.
- You will accept responsibility for yourself and your children.
- You will follow all program conditions such as developing a work plan, keeping appointments, participating in a work activity, completing and submitting time sheets, and making sure your children attend school.
- TANF benefits are intended to assist individuals and their families in meeting their basic needs such as food, clothing, shelter, utilities, household items, and personal care items.
- TANF benefits are NOT to be used for alcohol, illegal drugs, gambling, or other purposes not intended to meet basic needs.