U.S. Bank ReliaCard for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
TANF payments will be received electronically. Recipients may choose to have their payments deposited directly into their checking or savings account, or they may choose to receive the U.S. Bank ReliaCard.
What is the U.S. Bank ReliaCard?
The ReliaCard is a Visa® Prepaid Debit Card. The card can be used anywhere Visa Debit Cards are accepted. No credit check or bank account is required. Your payment will be electronically deposited using the same safe and dependable method as direct deposit.
What are the benefits of the U.S. Bank ReliaCard?
- The card works like other prepaid or debit cards. Use it wherever Visa is accepted including grocery stores, retail stores, restaurants, medical offices, etc. The card can even be used to pay bills and for online, phone, and mail orders.
- You can get cash from any Visa/Plus branded ATM, or over the counter at any bank or credit union that accepts Visa. Many merchants, such as grocery stores, offer cash back with purchase at no additional charge.
- The ReliaCard is not a credit card, and you never have to pay interest charges. It can be replaced if lost or stolen, and it allows you to keep TANF payments separate from your other financial accounts.
- You will receive free online monthly statements from U.S. Bank to easily track your account activity.
- U.S. Bank provides 24-hour customer service through their toll-free number.
When would my payments be deposited onto my card? Payments will normally be available by the first day of the month.
How soon will I receive my TANF payments through U.S. Bank ReliaCard Visa?
- Once we receive your Payment Authorization Form is completedwe will process your enrollment and U.S. Bank will issue you a ReliaCard. Your card will arrive in the mail 5-7 days after your enrollment.
- For security reasons, your card will arrive in a plain, white, windowed envelope with a Fargo, North Dakota return address. You must activate your card to receive your payments.
How do I sign up for the U.S. Bank ReliaCard Visa?
Complete the Payment Authorization Form at the local DSS office while you are applying for TANF..
If you have any questions regarding electronic payment options available, call the local Department of Social Services office and ask to speak with a benefits specialist.